The An Suidhe Wind Farm fund will invest over £700,000 into community activities and projects in Furnace, Inveraray, Eredine and Dalavich over the lifetime of the wind farm. The fund supports communities living within a 10 kilometre radius of the site. For a map showing the area of benefit, please click here:An Suidhe area of community benefit map (PDF)
Launch & community consulting
The annual fund was launched in 2010 and started at a base level of £28,500 which is index linked each year in line with the retail price index.
The local community were consulted on the setup of the fund in April 2011. The report summarising the results of the community consultation is available here:
Following the consultation, it was decided that the fund would be administered by independent grant making charity, Foundation Scotland. A panel of local representatives make decisions on the allocation of funds, with 8 representative being nominated by the 4 community council areas. To find out more, please click here:
The Fund provides grants to support charitable activities that
- Enhance quality of life for local residents,
- Contribute to vibrant, healthy, successful and sustainable communities,
- Promote community spirit and encourage community activity.
- Applications from groups/organisations located outwith the Fund area will be considered on a case-by-case basis and must demonstrate clear benefit for residents within the Fund area.
An independent evaluation of the An Suidhe fund was completed in March 2014. To read the report, please click here:
To date the fund has supported a range of exciting initiative including:
- Setting up a new community childcare scheme
- Creating a community orchard and woodland garden
- Purchasing woodland for the community
- Maintaining the local shinty pitch
- Restoring a redundant telephone box to house a difibrillator