The fund is administered by Community & Voluntary Support Conwy (CVSC) in co-operation with Denbighshire and Flintshire councils for voluntary services. Full details about the fund criteria, the area of benefit, application process and who has received funds so far, can be found here.
In addition to the community fund, a one off tourism fund of £690,000 was delivered during construction of the project.
The tourism fund has:
- Helped to make major improvements to the Victorian pier at Llandudno so cruise liners such as the Waverly can once again dock in the town.
- Supported replacement of the slipway onto Llandudno Beach to enable National Championships to be hosted and small life boats to be launched.
- Contributed to the re-development of Rhyl Harbour. GyM also provided practical support, by providing a specialist vessel to help.
- Kick started the Green Links Project to promote walking and cycling opportunities, nature reserves and other attractions between Llandudno and Prestatyn. Find out more about the Green Links project here: www.greenlinks.org.uk
- Backed Rhyl’s attempt to win blue flag status for its beach.
To keep up to date, please follow the fund on Facebook and Twitter.